Foreground is a MediaWiki skin that puts your content front and center!
This has to be the most beautiful MediaWiki skin yet. Kudos! — Andrew Howden
Powered by the Foundation 5 framework (v5.5.3) Foreground offers an intelligent Grid that allows you to achieve complicated page layouts without resorting MediaWiki table syntax.
Nothing in Foundation will limit your responsiveness. Design your templates and pages right and you will have a mobile delight! Try it right now, make this window small! I dare you!
Semantic MediaWiki Ready!
Foreground has class definitions to extend into Semantic MediaWiki and Page Forms.
|REL1_39||1.37.x + 1.38.x + 1.39.x||7.3+|
|2.4.0||1.35.x + 1.36.x||7.3+|
../path/to/skins/foreground/... Otherwise the skin will break.
- Many features. Control the behaviour of the features offered.
- MediaWiki on top and at the bottom, nothing but content in the middle.
- Useful Tabs. Built-in and responsive own tabs.
- Smart Typography. Сhoose the design of the text that you need.
- Grid Layout. Place your information efficiently on desktop and mobile devices.
- Image Slider. Easy to use and ready to go.
- Full support of Font Awesome (v4.5).
Foreground is hosted on Gerrit! Go there and you can clone the repository and set it up on your MediaWiki site! See also the Foreground page on <mediawiki.org>.
CSS Easy Settings. You can easy customize color of your head style.
There is a mailing list for Foreground that you can use to stay up-to-date on Foreground and connect with other users of the skin. There is also a respective mailing list archive you may browse to learn about past discussions.